Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
THE PTA NEEDS YOU! Whether you can come along to the meetings, pour some drinks at a disco or fold some raffle tickets for a fayre, your services will be greatly received!
Email us on email@example.com and I will send you details about meetings and what’s going on. We have a great giggle and you get to meet some fantastic people, who, like you want to raise a little bit of money so we can buy extra stuff for your terrific kids.
How you can help this term
- Come to a meeting and share your ideas
- Sign up to easyfundraising
- See if your employer participates in “Match Funding”
- Donate a book or take a book and leave a donation in the Junior Hall by the PTA noticeboard
- Donate a raffle prize (or service)
- Volunteer to help out at a forthcoming PTA event
PTA Events – Coming Soon!
7th January: Junior Film Night (3.30pm)
11th January: PTA Meeting
28th January: SPRING DISCO!!!
7th March: Firefighters Charity Bag Collection
22nd June: Firefighters Charity Bag Collection
Recent PTA Purchases
- Summer term funds for PE/ sports equipment
- Spring term funds used for ICT equipment – £1400
- School Flag (to use at events)
- Support for clubs (including entry for Gardening Club into the Yorkshire in Bloom gardening competition) and school focus days (including ‘100 Things Day’)
- £350 per year group per term for “Wow Wonga” across this school year
Previous PTA Activities
- Autumn Disco
- Christmas Fayre
- Spring Disco
- Firefighters Charity Collection
- ‘School Houses’ bags and tea towels
- Summer Fayre
Other Information from the Prospectus 2015-16
As a teacher, parent or carer you automatically become a member of Malin Bridge Parent Teacher Association. The PTA organise many community events and raise funds to assist the school with trips, outdoor equipment, extra-curricular activities and much more.
The PTA is currently run by a committee of parents who meet regularly, usually in the evening at school.
Chair : Nic Brookes
Vice-Chair : Carol Lynn & Asta Arslan
Secretary : Rebecca Vickers
Treasurer : Charlotte Marsh
Every PTA member is free to contribute as little or as much as they like. Parents/carers are invited to come along to the meetings … whether it’s simply to listen to what is going on, express an opinion, make a suggestion or volunteer to help or become a member of the committee. The PTA is a great opportunity for every parent/carer to become more involved with their child’s school. Your input and help would be greatly appreciated.